There is a smarter way of doing business in the solar industry than what’s considered standard practice.
The smarter way involves a significant amount of customer education, discussing all customer options, providing accountability across all steps of the process, and offering a service guarantee that backs up promises.
The standard way, unfortunately, entails solar companies selectively failing to communicate key details, offering no accountability or guarantees, and forcing customers to proceed with agreements they’ve realized don’t serve their best interests.
An Example of “The Smarter Way”
With solar being the cost-saving, clean energy option of choice for a growing number of households across the U.S., Smart Green Solar is on a mission to not only provide the best solar service possible, but to provide it “the smarter way.” For Smart Green Solar, a Rhode Island-based solar company that has already completed more than 2,000 installations, this means a solar experience that leaves customers feeling confident and proud of the solar company they’ve entrusted.
For any homeowner looking to trade in their costly electric bill for solar, a process done “the smarter way” should look like this:
- Comprehensive exploration of potential savings using a recent electric bill
- Education on how solar works, how your system will work, and what service looks like post-installation
- A candid discussion of financing options, including leasing versus buying, and why buying offers the best return on your investment
- Complete site survey, ensuring adequate sunlight and an installation plan to generate the greatest volume of energy for your home
- A power production guarantee that leaves the customer financially sound if the anticipated amount of electricity isn’t generated in year one
There is nothing more important than due diligence when selecting a solar partner. Consumers need to do their homework and thoroughly research solar companies, giving their attention only to providers who stand behind their products and services, put integrity before profit, and offer flexibility with changing circumstances or requests of customers.
What Smart Green Solar has done is establish a proven process that drives success for customers first, and Smart Green Solar second. There are plenty of “bad actors” in the solar industry that are making homeowners leery of making the transition, but there are also companies who genuinely care about the advancement of solar and ensuring customers achieve their desired outcome.
Considering solar? Use our Solar Savings Calculator to obtain a custom solar savings estimate for your home. We invite you to learn more about Smart Green Solar, our core values and our unique approach–which has led to us becoming a leading full-service provider in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut.